Reynard Citizens
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for a Hero (or Villain)to chill and talk.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

ISSUE 23 REVIEW

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
jm0364
Admin
jm0364

ISSUE 23 REVIEW Empty
PostSubject: ISSUE 23 REVIEW   ISSUE 23 REVIEW EmptySun Jun 02, 2013 9:26 pm

WARNING SPOILERS AHEAD
"After Anty managed to stabilise Sally’s weight things seemed to be getting back to normal in Reynard City.

Well, as normal as Reynard City can be…"

ISSUE 23 REVIEW ISSUE23COVERALT

STORY
So with Perfect Platinum gone the gang can now begin to focus on saving the city from MegaFox..That is until a New villain by the name of Chemic-Al attacks. So Vibes jumps into action and tries to stop him but ends up getting caught in a chemical explosion, causing her DNA to be altered to a powerless, blimped state. Meanwhile A new creation, The Shape-O-Matic has been reeking havoc all over town and (LITERALLY) reshaping everything and everyone into orbs and squares. So Sally and Rob head off to stop this polygonal pest.

Meanwhile Anty reveals that that chemical is filling Vibes up with synthetic caramel but in the process another substance is being worked up into her brain! Speaking of which, Inside her mind Vibes has an encounter with her Human Alter Ego who reveals that thanks to chemical, she now has shown up and taken on a form of her own. Back with Sally and Rob the two make it to Shape-O Matic and start to fight off the megabots but only manage to get themselves reshaped and captured. Now MegaFox is going to use them as super batteries to charge up his machines. All seems lost at this point...

Back in her mind Vibes Prime is told by Human Vibes that if she doesn't do anything to save herself, she'll stay in her blimped up freak FOREVER. So after falling into her trap, Vibes Prime manages to fight the effects of the chemical and the voice of her Human self which turned out to be Chemic-Al trying to hijack her body and manages to change herself back to semi-normal. After a brief chat with Anty (and giving off a suspicious looking smile in the process) Vibes heads to the abandoned Daycare Centre where Megafox, Shape-O-Matic and her friends are being held and in typical Vibes fashion, She manages to KICK SOME ASS!!! Once she cconfronts Shape-O-Matic, Vibes willingly jumps into the machine, but instead of being re-shaped...The Shape-O-Matic...explodes. So the villains have failed, The heroes have won and everything Is back to normal....
Spoiler:
...or is it?

OPINIONS
Wow Where do I begin? First off the story telling as always was well done and was well paced in my opinion. While there were a few text errors it didn't bother me as I was so engulfed in the story to care. Second Since the last Arc was more Sally-Focused I feel that due to this issue the current arc will be more Vibes Focused and boy with a mental encounter like that and an ending so filled with intrigue and curiosity I feel that the arc might have Vibes going down a road similar to Sally and Perfect Platinum but DRASTICLY different in future issues. Plus Vibes in my favorite character in the series so I'm now REALLY curious to see how Robert and the Team are going to further develop her character. The artwork was pretty good. I liked how Susie Gander was trying to combine the character designs used by Jed Soriano and use her own art style. That alone was pretty neat and a pretty decent art style for the series.

CONCLUSION
"Out Of Shape" was a perfect way to start the next Arc of Reynard City and I'm very curious to see what twists and turns await The Gang AND the Reader in the coming issues. Could there be more villains maybe from the bonus issues making appearances ((Such as Goldie or even my own Character Becky Bat)), What could happen to Vibes throughout the course of the story? And How will it all end? Only time can tell. This is John Guerra saying...BRING ON ISSUE 24!

RC Issue 23 Score: 5 out of 5

Last edited by jm0364 on Mon Jun 03, 2013 12:39 am; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://reynardcity.forumotion.com
van hikari
Admin
van hikari

ISSUE 23 REVIEW Empty
PostSubject: Re: ISSUE 23 REVIEW   ISSUE 23 REVIEW EmptySun Jun 02, 2013 9:34 pm

I agree 100%
Back to top Go down

ISSUE 23 REVIEW Empty
PostSubject: Re: ISSUE 23 REVIEW   ISSUE 23 REVIEW EmptyMon Jun 03, 2013 10:38 am

Awesome guys, really glad you enjoyed it! We'd really appreciate it if you'd share it around and get as many people looking as possible!

And just to let you know your review is not far off but there is more to it than you think Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

ISSUE 23 REVIEW Empty
PostSubject: Re: ISSUE 23 REVIEW   ISSUE 23 REVIEW Empty

Back to top Go down

ISSUE 23 REVIEW
Page 1 of 1