Reynard Citizens
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for a Hero (or Villain)to chill and talk.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

ISSUE 25 REVIEW

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
jm0364
Admin
jm0364

ISSUE 25 REVIEW Empty
PostSubject: ISSUE 25 REVIEW   ISSUE 25 REVIEW EmptyFri Oct 31, 2014 2:39 pm

ISSUE 25 REVIEW Issue_25_cover_by_dan_butcher_by_polycomical-d7jepm5

Ah Halloween...A time for costumes, candy and all the teenagers a monster can kill. But in all seriousness though Halloween next to Christmas is one of my favorite holidays so in the spirit of the Halloween season there's nothing better than sitting back with a nice scary story to tell your friends....I am not reviewing something scary though but it really has a close eerie atmosphere. It may have taken a while but the good folks at Reynard City have finally reached their first milestone issue, which is truly an achievement to behold. So after a weird power break and losing her boyfriend, what horrors await Vibes in the gang's 25th issue? We'll just have to see...

Story
ISSUE 25 REVIEW 1

In terms of story it's actually pretty simple, but even simple things are amazing. After everything she went through, Vibes decides to take a small trip to a carnival to lift her spirits......unaware that it mysterious just fell from the sky and is causing disappearances. Anyhoo, once she learns of "The Operator's" true intentions, she tries to find a way out while getting Sally and G to come and save her.

ISSUE 25 REVIEW 2

On her run she has to deal with such wonderful delights such as killer bumper cars, evil reflections and a super fun slide leading to a pool of possibly acidic doom. What's next? Killer Animatronics???

Spoiler:

Sally and G soon arrive on the scene but are intercepted by The Operator. This is where we learn where the carnival truly came from, judging by this and the 2nd to last page. I honestly have seen it all: Turning animals into robots, angels into eggplants....most of the stuff I've written on this forum. But when I learn that everyone of the rides is actually a captured human being, that is then fused with warp energy, turning them into said rides and attractions then sir, I have now truly seen everything.
ISSUE 25 REVIEW 3

Of course, in comic book fashion, Vibes offers to challenge The Operator for the freedom of her friends. With some wise words from Dr. Anty, she manages to beat him at his own game, freeing the captive people as well as Sally and G. But seeing as how this is Reynard city we can't possibly end it without a cliffhanger.
ISSUE 25 REVIEW 4

Somewhere in space, Squirmy is growing impatient, but our mysterious beings soon inform him that his time will come soon.....maybe issue 26.

Opinions
While it's not the "EPIC 25TH ISSUE EXTRAVAGANSA" that most milestones do, I still love it for its writing and its characters. The art this time around is done by Dan Butcher and he along with many others draws the characters in a style I find fits the world of Reynard City perfectly. The Operator was an ok villain choice, what with him being a one off villain, but I personally felt that someone else from the RC world may have been more suited for this setting. What we know: He's a robotic operator for the carnival....he lures people in and makes them part of the rides....and that's it. Again I know he's a one off but I would've like someone more fitting. An example of what I'm talking about is maybe we could've had someone from the forums RP, more specifically Funzoid. The character in the rp's is goofy, silly and downright crazy but in an evil and creepy sort of way, so with the setting being a carnival I thought this would've been a great opportunity to have him be an official character, give him a better design and all the bells and whistles, hell The Operator could've also been his henchman...er "bot". But even it was a missed opportunity, I still enjoyed the issue for what it was. A mix of action, errie-ness and just pure fun.

Conclusion
25 issues and still going strong, "All The Fun Of The Fair" is yet another example of why we love this incredible web series. The writing was as fab as always, The characters were how we expected and of course the artwork is fantastically done here as well. Though there were some missed opportunities...

Funzoid: I'll get in next time, You'll see!!!

...yeah sure you will, that didn't stop Issue 25 from being amazing; and with a cliffhanger like this one, only one can imagine what issue 26 has in store for us. Happy 25th Issue Reynard City. Keep being awesome.

Issue 25 Score: 4.8 Out Of 5

So without dragging out any longer, this has been your old buddy John saying have a good day and
HAPPY HALLOWEEN!
Back to top Go down
https://reynardcity.forumotion.com
van hikari
Admin
van hikari

ISSUE 25 REVIEW Empty
PostSubject: Re: ISSUE 25 REVIEW   ISSUE 25 REVIEW EmptyFri Oct 31, 2014 2:46 pm

i even called funzoid when the cover fist came out so i'm with you on that, though i also agree it was good.

and i can't remember if i mentioned this but the evil clones of vibes appearing from the mirror reminded me of Spider man 2 the video game.
Back to top Go down
AKGirl
Admin
AKGirl

ISSUE 25 REVIEW Empty
PostSubject: Re: ISSUE 25 REVIEW   ISSUE 25 REVIEW EmptySun Nov 02, 2014 7:47 am

Apologies gang I wrote this story long in advance of the forums and we were a bit far into producing the comic to change that. But as ever we'll keep these things in mind, never say never Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.reynardcitychronicles.com
van hikari
Admin
van hikari

ISSUE 25 REVIEW Empty
PostSubject: Re: ISSUE 25 REVIEW   ISSUE 25 REVIEW EmptySun Nov 02, 2014 8:42 pm

tis fine
Back to top Go down
AKGirl
Admin
AKGirl

ISSUE 25 REVIEW Empty
PostSubject: Re: ISSUE 25 REVIEW   ISSUE 25 REVIEW EmptyMon Nov 03, 2014 12:58 pm

Oh and announcement to come...
Back to top Go down
http://www.reynardcitychronicles.com
LouisYamato
Admin
LouisYamato

ISSUE 25 REVIEW Empty
PostSubject: Re: ISSUE 25 REVIEW   ISSUE 25 REVIEW EmptyTue Nov 04, 2014 2:19 pm

It was fairly interesting, and it fit with the time it came out. The Avengers comment was kinda funny, too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

ISSUE 25 REVIEW Empty
PostSubject: Re: ISSUE 25 REVIEW   ISSUE 25 REVIEW Empty

Back to top Go down

ISSUE 25 REVIEW
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Reynard Citizens :: General Discussion :: Fox Talk-
Jump to: