Reynard Citizens
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for a Hero (or Villain)to chill and talk.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

thoughts on teen titans go

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
van hikari
Admin
van hikari

thoughts on teen titans go Empty
PostSubject: thoughts on teen titans go   thoughts on teen titans go EmptyFri Jul 27, 2018 10:57 am

given the movie just released and i kind of alluded to it in my spur of the moment rant for titans. let's talk about teen titans go.

I do not care for it. i've mellowed since it's initial release but i still think it's humor is not good at all, mainly for lack of a straight man AND there is not a single one that comes off as likable in my opinion. i hate how for so long it was the only thing CN bothered to show here in the states. and i hate the lasting effect it's having on cartoons on CN, at least in terms of what was played regularly for a time. instead of varying shows of comedy and some of action, some balancing both, etc. all we get are comedy focused reboots like the 2016 ppg reboot, the ben 10 reboot from what i've heard, and the one that REALLY pisses me off, thunder cats roar's apparent turn. that one though may be hated more because unlike the original teen titans where if you ignore one episode that seemed to be meant to set up a season that never got made it has a good ending. thundercats roar comes off the FIRST reboot that got canned after one season. anyways back to go.....if i had much more.

in truth i just have one more point. and it's a fairly recent point.....FUCK CN for holding the original series finally concluding for ransom in the event that the movie did well. if it's even coming back, i still hold scepticism because go has decided to just take old episodes and dub over them. i hold out until the second i see a trailer, like i did with samurai jack season 5.
Back to top Go down
AKGirl
Admin
AKGirl

PostSubject: Re: thoughts on teen titans go   thoughts on teen titans go EmptyFri Jul 27, 2018 11:09 am

I have a sad confession...I laughed at the trailer and I think independent of the cartoon the film looks funny. I agree that there are a lot of wider issues that CN need to deal with, and they are not handling it well. What saddens me is Steven Universe often gets lumped in with these shows, which I feel is unfair.

Another aspect is that I only saw a few episodes of the original, so don't have the same connection as a lot of fans do. But I agree that the scheduling is a massive issue and definitely agree on Thundercats (did a whole video on it Wink )
Back to top Go down
http://www.reynardcitychronicles.com
van hikari
Admin
van hikari

PostSubject: Re: thoughts on teen titans go   thoughts on teen titans go EmptyFri Jul 27, 2018 11:12 am

if you think it looked good more power too ya. i'm not one of the people who hate on others for liking it. i just didn't care for either.

and thundercats roar is a rant i will NOT be doing
Back to top Go down
AKGirl
Admin
AKGirl

PostSubject: Re: thoughts on teen titans go   thoughts on teen titans go EmptyFri Jul 27, 2018 11:16 am

I saw the video and found it odd as much as anything- the guy seemed to be engaged in a bizarre doublethink "I will make it an action cartoon and make a tribute to the original that my siblings liked but also I'm making a comedy and taking the mickey out of it."

Maybe it will turn out good, I was cynical about a CGI Ninja Turtles and was totally proven wrong. But this does have a lot of elements that don't look right to me, and it's a shame as the 2011 reboot had some truly great episodes and fascinating arcs.
Back to top Go down
van hikari
Admin
van hikari

PostSubject: Re: thoughts on teen titans go   thoughts on teen titans go EmptyFri Jul 27, 2018 11:19 am

i loved the idea of the multiple gems not just the eye, lion-o experiencing a major betrayal similar to the one that his dad faced which kicked off the entire show, one bit that i always remember is "before the bell sounds, you shall experience a betrayal like no other from your brother" may have quoted wrong but...
Back to top Go down
AKGirl
Admin
AKGirl

PostSubject: Re: thoughts on teen titans go   thoughts on teen titans go EmptyFri Jul 27, 2018 11:44 am

Oh yeah, that was a clever one. The swordsman episode and the leaf characters who live their life in a day were my faves.
Back to top Go down
AKGirl
Admin
AKGirl

PostSubject: Re: thoughts on teen titans go   thoughts on teen titans go EmptyFri Jul 27, 2018 1:36 pm

Also just because I like him here's a review by Jeremy Jahns (I'd be intrigued to hear what Mark Kermode thinks of this one!) 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: thoughts on teen titans go   thoughts on teen titans go Empty

Back to top Go down

thoughts on teen titans go
Page 1 of 1