Reynard Citizens
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for a Hero (or Villain)to chill and talk.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

thoughts on Titans

Go down 
2 posters

going to watch Titans?
yes
thoughts on Titans I_vote_lcap0%thoughts on Titans I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
no
thoughts on Titans I_vote_lcap33%thoughts on Titans I_vote_rcap
 33% [ 1 ]
Shazam
thoughts on Titans I_vote_lcap67%thoughts on Titans I_vote_rcap
 67% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 3

AuthorMessage
van hikari
Admin
van hikari

thoughts on Titans Empty
PostSubject: thoughts on Titans   thoughts on Titans EmptyTue Jul 24, 2018 8:14 am

DC....when we told you your movies were too dark that didn't mean move it to your shows.

When i said i wanted a more serious titans show that teen titans go i didn't mean THIS DANG FAR!

seriously though, since the Teen Titans were my intro to the larger DC universe outside of batman/batman beyond the original 2000's show is probably tied for my favorite DCAU show with batman beyond. then Go happened and that rant is for another day. but THIS!? Raven seems like she's a wimp, a scared girl. now i get realistically she probably WOULD be given her situation but that brings me to my next point. all her dialogue implies she does not know of her connection to Trigon. now instead of a girl with the known destiny of becoming the portal that will bring about the end of all time she is the cliche "i don't know what my darkness is oh please help me figure this out" kinda thing. then there's Jason Toddson. no i didn't say the wrong name because this robin is NOT dick grayson, i don't care what press mention DC says of "oh he didn't kill anyone in the trailer" it wasn't show the gun MISSED anyone (in fact i'm pretty sure there were more than 2 bodies on the ground) he stabbed a dude in the neck, which doesn't HAVE to be fatal but hey it's still the neck where IMPORTANT blood vessels are, they'd need to get help fast and i don't see this robin calling for help. then there's him stepping on and snapping a guys neck. i saw someone say this was just dick breaking the guy's jaw but does anyone really see that? and of course the infamous "Fuck Batman" line.......just no. just F***ing no. i get Dick might have been in a spot emotionally after leaving bruce's side but i doubt, at ANY point he held any form of animosity towards Bruce. at least to that level. Bruce is not only the man who trained him but the man who RAISED dick from age 10. Dick was Bruce's first son and the one that i feel Bruce can look on to remind himself, he is NOT the only outcome for a child who loses his parents to a freak accident while on the flipside Dick knows how much bruce cares about everyone, especially those close to him. This version though? he shows that no, no matter what you go through after, if you lose your family to crime you MUST become batman or worse.

i can't comment on beast boy or starfire aside from their looks and.....i swear at one moment beast boy's face looked like James Marsters when he was on dragon ball evoluton as piccolo which is not a good thing, then starfire.....i heard she's running from the army to explain her costume, which i'm not fond of anyways nor the hair style, which makes me worry that she's going to be rewritten as a human used for experimentation as opposed to an alien who was experimented on and is trying to learn our culture and such.

i'm gonna end on a more positive note though and say this.....they guy playing Dick LOOKS like a decent Richard Grayson and his costume is pretty good, along with Dove's from what we saw.

sorry for the rant i just...i needed to get that out of my system

Last edited by van hikari on Sun Jul 29, 2018 2:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
AKGirl
Admin
AKGirl

thoughts on Titans Empty
PostSubject: Re: thoughts on Titans   thoughts on Titans EmptyTue Jul 24, 2018 8:56 am

It's okay, I must admit I did not see that Titans trailer coming, and I agree it doesn't really appeal to me. However (mentioning this as I saw it on your poll) I really like the look of Shazam, like the concept and how they are at least trying something different.
Back to top Go down
http://www.reynardcitychronicles.com
van hikari
Admin
van hikari

thoughts on Titans Empty
PostSubject: Re: thoughts on Titans   thoughts on Titans EmptyTue Jul 24, 2018 9:01 am

yeah that's the joke of the poll.

but shazam had me smiling the entire trailer.

back to titans though i'm only going to watch it out of morbid curiosity.....and they're putting young justice season 3 on that streaming service so i gotta do what i can with the free trial.
Back to top Go down
AKGirl
Admin
AKGirl

thoughts on Titans Empty
PostSubject: Re: thoughts on Titans   thoughts on Titans EmptyTue Jul 24, 2018 9:08 am

Yeah, I get that DC probably looked at Marvel Netflix and thought "People like that" rather than "What can we do?"

Young Justice on the other hand is a proven thing people want and is awesome.
Back to top Go down
van hikari
Admin
van hikari

thoughts on Titans Empty
PostSubject: Re: thoughts on Titans   thoughts on Titans EmptyTue Jul 24, 2018 9:11 am

yeah
Back to top Go down
van hikari
Admin
van hikari

thoughts on Titans Empty
PostSubject: Re: thoughts on Titans   thoughts on Titans EmptyWed Jul 25, 2018 10:16 pm

slight update. so upon rewatching the trailer i will admit on my robin rant that no he didn't shoot the goons....my other 2 points stand though
Back to top Go down
AKGirl
Admin
AKGirl

thoughts on Titans Empty
PostSubject: Re: thoughts on Titans   thoughts on Titans EmptyThu Jul 26, 2018 1:37 am

Yeah, it's an odd idea. As I say my theory is they saw Riverdale and decided they wanted their "edgy reboot"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

thoughts on Titans Empty
PostSubject: Re: thoughts on Titans   thoughts on Titans Empty

Back to top Go down

thoughts on Titans
Page 1 of 1