A place for a Hero (or Villain)to chill and talk.

HomeSearchRegisterLog in

Shows that spoke to you

Go down 
AuthorMessage
van hikari
Admin
van hikari

Shows that spoke to you Empty
PostSubject: Shows that spoke to you   Shows that spoke to you EmptyThu Jun 21, 2018 1:46 am

given some of my more recent thoughts towards My Hero Academia i decided to post this here. basically this is a place to post some stories of old shows, animated or live action, that really struck a chord with you and a bit about them. i'll kick off with the one i just mentioned.

My Hero Academia, to me, is the perfect personification of all the values i hold dear and what i consider make a true hero. you push yourself to protect others even if it means you get hurt in the process. you're prime concern is always helping others not pride or money or fame. but Hero Aca also shows that this ideal isn't the ONLY ideal and some can be just as valid in terms of motivating a person to be who they want. and there's a ton more but that can start to get into spoilery stuff so if you don't care about that then i'll be more than happy to elaborate but i highly recommend you try it first.
Back to top Go down
AKGirl
Admin
AKGirl

PostSubject: Re: Shows that spoke to you   Shows that spoke to you EmptyThu Jun 21, 2018 1:54 am

There's a few- I recently rewatched X-Men the animated series, and it's frightening that it not only holds up but feels very topical. The Adventure Time episode with Simon and Marceline is heartbreaking, while Batman the animated series had a few gut punchers as well.

And of course Sonic Satam was great for that too. I could go on, because there are a lot of great cartoons that did this!
Back to top Go down
http://www.reynardcitychronicles.com
van hikari
Admin
van hikari

PostSubject: Re: Shows that spoke to you   Shows that spoke to you EmptyMon Oct 08, 2018 11:10 pm

bump. you got one louis?
Back to top Go down
van hikari
Admin
van hikari

PostSubject: Re: Shows that spoke to you   Shows that spoke to you EmptyTue Jun 11, 2019 5:34 pm

not exactly a show per-say but i wanna show it off
Back to top Go down
AKGirl
Admin
AKGirl

PostSubject: Re: Shows that spoke to you   Shows that spoke to you EmptyTue Jun 11, 2019 5:37 pm

Wow, can't say I blame you, that was very impressive!
Back to top Go down
van hikari
Admin
van hikari

PostSubject: Re: Shows that spoke to you   Shows that spoke to you EmptyTue Jun 11, 2019 5:38 pm

i figured it'd fit here cause if you didn't know better i feel it could trick you into thinking it was a lost show from the 80's.
Back to top Go down
AKGirl
Admin
AKGirl

PostSubject: Re: Shows that spoke to you   Shows that spoke to you EmptyTue Jun 11, 2019 5:41 pm

Yeah, getting a mix of Daft Punk, Voltron and Ulysses 31 in there.
Back to top Go down
van hikari
Admin
van hikari

PostSubject: Re: Shows that spoke to you   Shows that spoke to you EmptyTue Jun 11, 2019 5:42 pm

well i know.....1 of those......
Back to top Go down
AKGirl
Admin
AKGirl

PostSubject: Re: Shows that spoke to you   Shows that spoke to you EmptyTue Jun 11, 2019 6:03 pm

Ok going to guess Voltron is the one you know.

Back to top Go down
van hikari
Admin
van hikari

PostSubject: Re: Shows that spoke to you   Shows that spoke to you EmptyTue Jun 11, 2019 6:04 pm

nail on the head.
Back to top Go down
AKGirl
Admin
AKGirl

PostSubject: Re: Shows that spoke to you   Shows that spoke to you EmptyWed Jun 12, 2019 1:44 am

And as an additional bonus here is TV presenter Phillip Schofield singing along to the tune.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shows that spoke to you   Shows that spoke to you Empty

Back to top Go down

Shows that spoke to you
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Reynard Citizens :: General Discussion :: Fox Talk-
Jump to: